What's the story of your value? What will it take to engage more people in that story? How might your good cause present itself better – so it can do more good? Versal is the firm that answers these questions for nonprofit enterprises, both in counsel and practice.
Simply, Versal helps nonprofits grow by communicating better.
We provide both strategy and tactical communications - who to reach, what to say, how to say it - so that a message resonates and a goal is reached.
Most of our communications work is for education fundraising and economic development. The "work" is developing brand identity, core messaging, and communications in print, digital and video media.
What's with the name
A versal is the ornamental letter that begins a story or chapter. In ancient times, scribes inked versals when creating illuminated manuscripts and other written works.
Similarly, Versal helps enterprises find a new beginning to the story of their value – a new way of communicating, with greater effect.
Our secret process…
…is no secret. Like all good creative firms, we don't sit around waiting for inspiration to strike. We dig deep, ask questions, listen carefully. Then we reflect, create and refine.
The mix of iteration and collaboration – internally, and with you – makes for a thoughtful approach. It also drives a better result.
What it costs
Versal is more affordable than a large agency and more expensive than an established freelancer. We are senior professionals with low overhead.
A few clients keep us on retainer to perform a variety of assignments. Most hire us on a project basis: We develop a detailed scope of work and complete that scope for a fixed price. Our minimum project engagement is $5,000.
Who hires Versal
Following are the organizations that Versal has had the privilege and pleasure of serving.
- Association County Commissioners of Georgia (ACCG)
- Atlanta Committee for Progress
- ARCHE – Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education
- Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS)
- Birch Communications
- Cerner Capital
- Civic Affairs Foundation
- Clean Air Campaign
- Cross Channel Initiatives
- DeKalb County Office of Economic Development
- Emory Global Health Institute
- Georgia CORE (Center for Oncology Research and Education)
- Georgia Council on Economic Education
- Georgia Department of Economic Development
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia Research Alliance
- Gordon State College
- GRA Venture Fund, LLC
- Greenville Learning Center
- North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Oglethorpe University
- Oxford College
- Rosalynn Carter Institute
- SoftBank Robotics
- Southern Regional Education Board (SREB)
- Struby Construction
- Wechsler Engineering